Sharpsville Area School District welcomes you to volunteer within our School District. Whether you want to volunteer in your child's classroom, on field trips, with the Band, etc. all the following steps must be taken to volunteer and/or chaperone:
1. The Volunteer Screening Application must be submitted.
2. The PA Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Background Check are required for anyone seeking volunteer status.
3. An interview with the Building Principal or designee, as well as with the appropriate staff member, is required of the applicant. At this time the volunteer policy expectations will be reviewed with the candidate.
4. The Board requires that approval as a volunteer is contingent upon passing the Mantoux Tuberculosis Test. An unsatisfactory report will be grounds for disqualification.
5. The applicant assumes all costs for clearances and TB tests.
For more information please refer to our Board Policy # 916