Excellence in Education
- Advanced Placement in Chemistry, English, History, Literature, Language, and Biology
- Technology skills integrated into the curriculum
- Special coursework developing writing skills, newspaper, and literacy publications.
- In-depth lab science studies and advanced coursework in math and science
- Member of Mercer County Career Center
- State recognized student community service program
- Tutoring programs
- Operational Middle School Philosophy
- University of Pittsburgh Calculus, Business Calculus, Statistics and Physics
- District and State Band and Choir members
- National Merit Scholarship winners
- American Legion Oratory Contest winners
- Presidential Physical Fitness Award winners
- Programs and demonstrations by gifted students in regular classes
- US News and World Report Bronze Medal for America's Best High Schools
A Supportive and Demanding Staff
- A proud tradition of service in support of community needs
- Three guidance counselors, six Special Education instructors, two librarians, and one school nurse
Extra Effort provides a boost to Excellence
- Personal adjustment and career orientation programs in senior high.
- Emphasis on a variety of clubs and activities which are geared to students' needs.
- Business-Education Partnerships
- Newspaper and special publications geared to accommodate creative expression in literature and art forms.
- A balance of Intramural and Interscholastic sports for positive physical development
- Low enrollment provides an excellent opportunity for active involvement in all school activities
- Business Week participant